Whether you’re lighting a jack-o-lantern or making costumes, use these tips to make your Halloween safe and fun.
- Use flashlights or battery-operated candles for Halloween decorations.
- Keep Halloween decorations away from open flames, light bulbs, and heaters. Decorations like cornstalks and crepe paper can catch on fire easily.
- Look for “Flame Resistant” or “Flame Retardant” labels on costumes because candles and flammable costumes can be a dangerous combination. If you make costumes at home, choose flame-resistant fabrics like nylon and polyester.
- Always have an adult go along with children when trick or treating.
- Use sidewalks when trick or treating. Cross only at street corners and crosswalks.
To learn more about the causes of Halloween-related fires, visit here.
Also, here is an informative video