During the County Commission meeting on August 9, 2021, Elmore County announced the most recent milestone related to an ongoing energy efficiency and infrastructure improvement project with Schneider Electric. The project has reached $1,000,000 in energy savings since its inception in 2016. The Savings Advancement Award is the second level in a series of savings milestones. Throughout the life of the project, Schneider Electric and the Elmore County Commission continue to monitor savings generated by the project.
The savings are being generated through a variety of measures that improve energy efficiency as well as additional benefits, including:
- Optimized the working environment with new interior and exterior lighting
- Installed acrylic window inserts and solar-blocking film to mitigate room temperature changes
- HVAC renovations, including a VRF system that enhances efficiency and comfort
- Streamlined county operations with centralized controls
- Water system upgrades to reduce consumption